Festive Sweet potato rounds
Time required: 35 minutes
Yield: 8 portions, as an appetizer
Roasted sweet potato rounds are perfect for any time you need a quick and nutritious snack, side dish, or appetizer. Crispy outside, tender and creamy inside, these loaded baked sweet potato slices are always a hit with kids and adults. Made with whipped LeGrand vegan cheese, vegan butter, caramelized hazelnuts & dried cranberries, these rounds can be made in under 25 minutes – the best of both worlds!
- Place baking racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Brush the sheets with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil each.
- With a very sharp knife, slice the sweet potatoes into 1/2-inch slices and place them in a bowl. Drizzle the melted vegan butter on the potato rounds and mix well. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown underneath, rotating the pans 180 degrees and changing their positions on the upper/lower racks halfway through. Remove the pans from the oven, flip the slices over, then roast for an additional 5 to 8 minutes, until tender.
- While the potatoes bake, in the bottom of a small mixing bowl, whisk together the cheese, water, and fresh herbs.
- Finely chop the hazelnuts, shallot (you should have about 1/4 cup), and cranberries. Set aside.
- When the sweet potatoes are finished, let them cool slightly, then transfer them to a serving plate. Top with the cheese mixture, then sprinkle with hazelnuts, cranberries, and shallot. Drizzle maple syrup for the Crème de la Crème of sweet + salty appetizers. Enjoy immediately.