Time required: 45 minutes
Yield: 3 lbs/1.4kg of granola
Treat yourself to this luxurious granola, the best ever and sooo easy!
Granola gets a bad rap: Cooked oil and sugar. The usual suspects.
I used to make it occasionally using plenty of coconut oil, until my friend Dr. Justyna Sanders (an incredible medical doctor who is vegan, no oil…yes that’s a thing!) shared a no oil recipe which inspired me to try again.
Here we go! Le Grand’s Granola recipe. Only whole-food ingredients, no oil and no refined sugar.
- Preheat oven to 300° F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Soak dates and prunes in boiling water and put aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, quinoa flakes, chia and hemp seeds.
- In a pan, toast each of the following ingredients separately: sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds, pecans, hazelnuts. Ensure you lightly brown them at low heat (approx. 5 mins each) and put aside in a large bowl for later.
- While you’re waiting for the seeds and nuts to toast, blend the dates, prunes and water in a high-powered blender for 3 minutes or until you have a smooth puree. Add vanilla, spices and almond extract, and blend. Pour this very fragrant puree over the oatmeal mixture. Toss to combine and spread granola on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 10 mins and stir granola carefully. Then cook another 8 to 10 mins (do not overcook). Once cooled, add the toasted nuts. Mix and add in raisins. Ready to serve! Store in a container for easily a few weeks.