Shortbread cookies; truly the Crème de la Crème!
Time required: 30 minutes
Yield: about 16 cookies
Are you in the Christmas spirit yet? Tatiana, our co-founder, has always baked during the holidays as it makes her feel calm and content and that we are all in need of this year! So crank up your favorite Christmas music and get out the rolling pin!
These shortbread cookies are easy peasy and will make your loved ones HAPPY!
- With a handheld mixer blend butter until creamy; 2/3 minutes.
- Then add cane sugar and blend until well integrated; 2 minutes.
- With a spatula or wooden spoon mix in both flours by hand.
- Add vanilla powder or extract if that’s what you have on hand.
- Shape dough into a ball and refrigerate for 1hr in plastic wrap.
- When you’re ready to make the cookies, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly flour your work surface and rolling pin. Roll out half your dough to approximately 1 inch thick.
- With your favorite cookie cutters cut out the shapes close together and gently place the cookies on your baking sheet. Gather up the scraps of dough and roll out again until you have used up all your dough.
- Sprinkle with sparkles and bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes. You want to take the cookies out just before they start to brown. They will remain moist and flavorful for up to a week.