The best savoury buckwheat crêpes
Time required: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 crêpes
A unique and hearty crêpe for the full brunch experience!
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- In a large pan, melt LeGrand’s vegan butter, but don’t let it brown. Pour enough batter using a ladle to cover the pan.
- Wait until all the steam stops rising, then carefully detach the crêpe and flip it. Cook a little more until done.
- Once all your pancakes are ready, you can keep them warm on a plate that goes into the oven. Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F).
- Fry the onion on low heat until brown, adding a little water when it starts to burn. Set aside.
- Heat up a large pan on low heat. Sprinkle it with salt and pepper throughout.
- Slice mushrooms into thick slices and place them all around the pan. Let the mushrooms sweat but do not turn them before they have a rich golden hue underneath. Flip them over and let them cook for another 5 or 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat up a large pan on medium heat. Once hot, place a prepared buckwheat crêpe on the pan.
- Squirt the desired amount of pesto all over the crêpe. Layer one quarter of the caramelized onions, mushrooms, spinach and cheese on half of the crêpe and fold.
- Using a spatula, split the crêpe in half and flip both halves to melt the cheese. Brown to your liking or until the spinach has wilted.
- Repeat steps 4-6 to prepare remaining crêpes.