Vegan Lobster rolls
Time required: 30 minutes + marinating overnight
This recipe is to honour our Eastern Canadian friends out there! We’ve given a vegan twist to the traditional epitome of Maritimes comfort food – lobster roll! Packed with peppy and crunchy veggies, lathered with our homemade vegan mayo, these buttery and mouthwatering rolls will reinvent the way you satisfy your cravings…without actual meat!
- In a bowl, mix butter, lemon juice, and minced garlic. Add to a bowl of chopped hearts of palm and marinate for as long as you can, overnight is best.
- To make the vegan creamy dressing, whisk the vegan mayonnaise and lemon juice in a bowl. Add chopped celery, red onion, and herb of choice (dill or chives), and whisk until well combined. Optionally, you can add your seaweed granules to the dressing. Feel free to put the dressing in the fridge to firm up until you want to heat up your marinated hearts of palm.
- When you’re ready to eat your lobster roll and the hearts of palm have had time to marinate, heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add the hearts of palm and marinade and sauté for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook until slightly brown on all sides. Set aside to cool.
- Add the cooked marinated hearts of palm “lobster” with the chilled dressing to coat.
- For a toasted bun, heat a grill pan or skillet over medium heat. Brush the outside of the rolls with vegan butter.
- Toast the buns until slightly golden, about 1 minute per side. Brush vegan butter on the inside of the bun.
- Divide the “lobster salad” among the buns. Feel free to add greens to the bun first and then top with the vegan lobster.
- Drizzle with additional vegan butter on top and a sprinkle of paprika, onion, and/or chives.