Chocolate Banana Bread
Time required: 20 minutes
Yield: 12 portions
It’s time to go Bananas! Our VEGAN BANANA BREAD is finally here! It’s moist, doughy, and has that authentic taste and feel, thanks to LeGrand vegan yogurt + butter – plus it’s still made gluten free and made with just enough chocolate chips to become the satisfying dessert you were craving this week! We can’t wait to see you try it out for yourself!
- Preheat the oven to 325F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper, grease lightly.
- In a small bowl mix ground flax and chia with water and set aside to thicken.
- In a high speed blender or food processor grind the flax seeds to a fine powder.
- Add the walnuts until a flour consistency.
- Add the almonds and again process until a flour consistency. Same with the oats.
- Add the baking powder, salt, vanilla powder, spices and process well to combine. Add sugar and mix for 1-2 mins to ensure all the ingredients are blended. Scrape down the sides if necessary. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the vegan butter on low heat and pour it into the mixture. Mix well with a spatula.
- Gently mix in Le Grand yogurt until well blended.
- Add in the flax/chia “egg” and continue to mix by hand.
- Break up bananas in a medium bowl with the back of a fork and transfer to mixture. Pour in chocolate chips.
- Blend all ingredients with your spatula. Your mixture should be very wet.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and cook for 60 to 70 mins until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve with yogurt, fruit, pumpkin seeds for a pretty presentation. Stores for up to a week in the fridge.