Cherry Crumble Marzipan Muffins
Time required: 20 minutes
Yield: 14 muffins
- 1 tbsp ground chia
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup (115g) almond flour
- ½ cup (60g) tapioca starch
- ½ cup (80g) sweet white rice flour
- ½ cup (80g) sorghum flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp himalayan pink salt
- ½ cup (110g) LeGrand vegan butter
- ½ cup (75g) coconut sugar
- ¾ cup (205g) LeGrand vegan Cherry & Rose Crumble yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- ¾ cup (120g) dried cherries ( we sometimes put up to 1 cup as they’re so good)
- ⅓ cup (50g) coconut sugar
- ¼ cup (50g) melted LeGrand vegan butter
- ½ cup (80g) roughly chopped almonds
- ¼ tsp almond extract
These vegan cherry crumble Marzipan Muffins taste just like Christmas! Little chunks of sweet & tangy cherries and divine caramelized marzipan nestled inside gorgeously fluffy bakery-style muffins is your go-to this season for a healthy breakfast or snack idea!
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a small bowl mix the ground flax and chia with water. Set aside to thicken for a good ten minutes.
- In a medium bowl stir together the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt (We set the bowl over the scale and spoon the flours directly in the bowl). Set aside.
- In a large bowl with a handheld mixer mix the butter with the coconut sugar. Add the flax/chia mixture and blend for one minute. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the cherry yogurt and gently mix to blend with a wooden spoon or spatula. Gently mix in the vanilla and almond extracts.
- Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture a few tablespoons at a time. Stir to combine with a wooden spoon or spatula. Set aside while you make the marzipan.
- Marzipan recipe: roughly chop the almonds in a high speed blender for a minute or less. Varying sized pieces is perfect and even better if a small portion of it turns into flour.
- Pour the almonds in a bowl and scrape the bottom of the blender to get all the last bits. Add the melted butter, the coconut sugar and the almond extract to the roughly chopped almonds and combine thoroughly. Set aside.
- Fill the muffin cups with the muffin mixture and top with a teaspoon of the marzipan.
- Bake for 25 mins. When ready, remove from the oven and test with a toothpick! If ready, leave in the pan for 10+ mins to cool.
- Store for up to a week in the fridge.