Black Forest Chocolate Mousse
Time required: 10 minutes + 1 hour to refrigerate
Yield: 4 portions
- 1 block of plain silken tofu (500 g)
- 100g (½ cup) dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 cup whole cherries, frozen
- 1 cup water
- 1 LeGrand Raspberry Yogurt (113g)
- Raspberries, chocolate and shredded coconut for garnish
So you set up your PERFECT chic ambiance table and you just realized… you forgot the dessert (or ate it all alone – we won’t judge)! We got you covered with this black forest inspired vegan chocolate mousse ready in only 5 minutes! It’s decadent, rich, velvety smooth, creamy, and unbelievably easy to whip up. You’ll never guess that this is vegan, gluten-free, egg-free and dairy-free. Plus it’s full of plant-based proteins! Santa can thank us later.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until the chocolate is melted. Set aside to cool at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, place the silken tofu and maple syrup in a food processor and blend until very smooth. Add the melted chocolate and blend until well combined.
- Scoop the mixture into 4 ramekins or glasses, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Prepare the cherry sorbet by mixing the cherries and water. Set aside.
- Just before serving, place the cherry sorbet on the chocolate mousse and add a generous spoonful of vegan raspberry yogurt.
- Garnish with raspberries, chocolate chips and shredded coconut.