Pesto cauliflower head
Time required: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 portions
- 1 cauliflower head
- 60 mL (¼ cup) LeGrand Garden Pesto
- 250 mL (1 cup) LeGrand Unsweetened vegan yogurt
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) LeGrand Olives and Jalapenos Pesto
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) LeGrand butter, softened
- Herbs and nuts for garnish
- Salt and pepper
Whole roasted cauliflower is a sight to behold and never fails to delight, especially when it’s topped with a verdant blend of herbs and a creamy vegan yogurt sauce! This version delivers a browned cauliflower with LeGrand pesto and butter that ends up soft enough — custardy almost — to serve with a spoon. And it all comes together in one pan!
- Place the oven rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- On a work surface, remove the leaves and cut the base of the cauliflower to make it more stable. Place cauliflower, cut side down, on a baking dish.
- Coat cauliflower well with LeGrand Garden pesto and melted butter.
- In a bowl, combine yogurt and the Olives and Jalapenos pesto. Set aside.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until cauliflower is tender to the tip of a knife.
- Spread a generous layer of yogurt on the bottom of a plate and place the cauliflower on top.
- Sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fine herbs, nuts and an unsweetened yogurt drizzle.