Exceptional Chocolate Chip Cookies
Time required: 30 minutes
Yield: 20 large cookies
Ok so let’s just say it. These are the very best chocolate chip cookies out there! I guarantee it or I’ll personally give you a Le Grand butter for free! These cookies are moist, pull-a-part bakery perfect! It’s hard to stop at just two cookies!
The secret is baking these cookies just right. Put a timer on for 11 minutes and do NOT bake longer or they won’t be moist. Trust me on this. 11 mins, my friends!
I have measured each ingredient in grams as well as cups and if you have a scale use it for a precise recipe. Enjoy!
- In a small bowl mix the ground flax and chia with 1/2 cup of water. Set aside to thicken.
- In a small bowl, sift together the four flours, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Gently melt your butter on low heat and once melted turn the heat up to medium/high and brown your butter, stirring constantly. No more than 3 mins once it starts to foam then take it off the heat and let cool for 5 mins.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the two sugars and once the butter has cooled pour it in using a spatula to get all the bits. Important to beat for 2 mins to combine the butter and sugar well. Beat in the flax egg mixture for 1 minute. Add in vanilla extract.
- Mix the dry ingredients in, a few spoonfuls at a time, and keep mixing until the mixture is well combined. Your mixture will be on the sticky side.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate cookie dough for 1-2 hours to firm up the dough. Even better overnight. This is essential otherwise the dough is too soft to mold into cookies.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop the dough into one-ounce balls and separate each of the cookies as they will spread considerably. Flatten cookies with the back of a spoon and place in the hot oven.
- Bake for 11 mins and put the timer on! The secret to moist, melt in your mouth cookies is taking them out of the oven just before they look done!