So simple mini chocolate cakes – Vegan & Gluten-Free
Time required: 30 minutes
Yield: 12 mini cakes
Fellow Chocoholics, this is for you!
Mini chocolate cakes for big events? We are simply obsessed with these palm-sized fudgy bundles of joy! Moist and packed with plant-based LeGrand goodness, these mini cakes will make you craving for more. Vegan & gluten free, they are the PERFECT addition to any occasion to create unforgettable memories.
Mini chocolate cakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 F and lightly butter a muffin tin
- In a small bowl mix the unsweetened yogurt and apple cider vinegar and set aside to curdle.
- In a medium bowl sift together the 3 flours, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together the butter and sugar with a handheld mixer. Add the applesauce and blend until well combined, about 2 mins.
- Add the curdled yogurt alternately with the flour mixture until well incorporated.
- Fill the muffin tins ¾’s full only.
- Bake for 20-25 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for a minimum of 30 mins before icing or icing will melt.
- Flip cakes over and spread icing generously across the top. Add half a strawberry and ready to serve!
- Will keep in the fridge for at least 5 days.
- Add the butter and sugar to a blender and pulse until well combined and smooth.
- Add the fresh strawberries and pulse a few times until broken up and incorporated into the mix.
- Optional: add the pitaya powder and pulse into the mixture. Refrigerate for an hour or until ready to ice the cakes.
- Either use an icing bag or generously spread the icing over the top of the cake, but don’t forget to flip the cakes over to get that molten cake look!