Wholesome Maple Syrup Banana Loaf
Time required: 25 minutes
Yield: 10-12 portions
This banana loaf, gluten and refined sugar-free, is worldclass delicious, is easy to make and everyone will love it. Great for breakfast, brunch, a snack or even a feast!
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper, grease lightly.
- Over medium heat toast the nuts until lightly browned, 7-8 mins, tossing frequently. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices (we set the bowl over the scale and spoon the flours directly in the bowl). Set aside.
- Set a large bowl over the scale to measure out the wet ingredients; melted butter, maple syrup, yogurt and vanilla extract. With a handheld mixer gently mix. Then add the mashed bananas and mix again.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture a few tablespoons at a time and give a quick mix with the handheld mixer after each transfer. Then, with the help of a spatula blend in the dried fruit and toasted nuts and pour mixture into the prepared loaf pan and cook for 50-60 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Serve with yogurt, fruit and my latest new favorite hazelnut butter!