Time required: 40 minutes
Yield: 20 pancakes
• 2 cups of whole wheat flour
• 4 teaspoons of baking powder
• 4 tablespoons of matcha powder
• 1/4 teaspoon of salt
• 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
• 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened almond milk (or any other variety of milk)
• 2 vegan eggs: 2 tbsp of ground chia, 2 tbsp of ground flax, and 1 cup of water (set aside for 10 minutes to thicken)
• 1 cup of LeGrand Matcha Tea yogurt
• Maple syrup, for serving
• Fruit, for serving
Kickstart your journey! The vibrant vitality of these green matcha tea pancakes will elevate your senses and bring your ordinary breakfast to a whole new culinary experience.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the whole-wheat flour, baking powder, salt, and matcha powder.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, flaxseeds, and maple syrup. Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until combined. Add the yogurt and stir.
- Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat and spray it well with nonstick cooking spray. Working in batches, spoon a quarter cup of the batter onto the pan for each pancake and cook just until bubbles form around the edges of each pancake, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook for 90 seconds more. Transfer the pancakes to a warm plate. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes topped with maple syrup and fruits.